By: John Holmgren – TheExpertResumeWriter.com
Here’s a wonderful way for you to become more persuasive verbally.
Join a Toastmasters club. You will gain!
Why would I do that, you say?
Your image is established by communicating. Job hunting requires you
to effectively state your MOST important employment assets.
Toastmasters can be of immense help with that exact skill!
What is Toastmasters? How can it help me?
Founded in 1924, it teaches and promotes skills in communication,
public speaking and leadership.
It now has 260,000 members in 113 countries with 12,000 local clubs.
Now that’s boring, but it tells you they’re legit.
That size scares you, right? Imagine giving your speech to thousands of people!
BRRRRRR! The typical club has 10 – 20 members. Not to fear.
BTW, they are very supportive.
At a funeral, it is said, one would rather be in the box than give the eulogy.
We are all afraid of public speaking.
How can Toastmasters benefit you?
Remember: every conversation is a speech!
You want a neighbor to do something; you ask a co-worker
for help; you go on a job interview. Each is a speech.
Speaking effectively with confidence and poise in the all important job interview
can be the edge that gets you the position!
By actively participating in Toastmasters, you will:
- Gain confidence; TM is a great way to improve self image
- Improve your poise in stressful situations
- Practice speaking. It requires practice; speaking is not an intuitive skill
- By practice, learn to speak comfortably to an audience
- Understand and correct your mistakes; you can err with impunity
- Get helpful, honest and sincere feed-back from members
- Have the opportunity to practice your presentation
- Learn to speak spontaneously; “what do you want to be in 5 years?”
Altogether a great opportunity!